During my free time this afternoon, I decided to try a technique I saw in a magazine. It was a dye & salt nature printing technique. I should have been working on finishing up my books, but I thought I'd take a little break from that. Besides, if the technique was successful, I may be able to incorporate it in my art.
So, after much preparation, gathering my dyes, watercolor paper, drop cloth, newsprint paper, and so on, I walked around the garden with clippers in hand. I came back into the kitchen with a collection of fern fronds, grasses, leaves, and flowers and was ready to go. I followed the instructions step by step, only to become more and more puzzled as I went. It seemed there were some details left out of the instructions. I got so frustrated I just gave up. So much for that project. I should have just worked on my books...*sigh*
Well, NOW I will go work on my books. I have three more beach journals in the works, one using the same color scheme as the photo below. I'm trying different colors with the other two. My goal is to have them ready to list this weekend. Good luck to me! I just need to avoid magazine projects and I think I'll be okay!