Thursday, September 16, 2010

Walkabout

I think I'll go on a walkabout
And find out what it's all about and that ain't hard
Just me and my own two feet...
A walk could cure
Almost all my blues
Bare feet or in my two shoes...
I think I'll go on a walkabout
And find out what it's all about
--Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Walkabout"


I took my little boy out for a walk with our journals to sketch things that caught our eye. He isn't quite coordinated enough to hold the book and sketch at the same time, so he'd park himself on the curb and draw. I'm sure the neighbors thought we were nuts.

We repeated the exercise while on vacation. It is really cool to look back on now a month later. I can remember everything exactly how it was and where I was standing when I sketched it. I never imagined these pages could capture those memories so well, even better than a photograph would!

I absolutely HAD to show you this though, as my sketch doesn't do this fire hydrant justice. This is the skinniest hydrant I've ever seen!!

2 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am so pleased you like my cards. Your sketchbooks are wonderful and what a great thing to be able to do with your son! I also took my youngest sketching with me not so long ago - it was fabulous!

Cindy Leaders said...

That's so cool! Walks are great for providing not only exercise and time with special people, but a little inspiration as well. Thanks for sharing your sketches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...