Saturday, March 13, 2010

An Experiment With Posies

If you've been reading my blog for a few weeks now, you might remember a post I did about a month ago on these crocheted posies. I sold out of my first batch and have since added some more in my shop.

I want to show you what I did with the main posy in the above picture...

Ta-dah! What do you think?

I'll be offering this mini book for purchase in my shop. I just love working with these little petite books! They're so much fun.

I was thinking about why I enjoy creating the little books so much better than the large books. The only thing I can figure is that with the large books I feel like I have to be more formal--now who made up that rule, I'd like to know? :). However, with these little books, my goal is to use the scrap papers I have laying around and play with fun embellishments like the posies, so I feel less restricted and able to experiment. Maybe I'll get brave enough to try something fun on a larger book!

8 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

perfect posey placement!

Kathleen said...

That is so cute! I love it =)

storybeader said...

that IS so cute! Big books for me take up lots of nice paper too. {:-D

TiLT said...

looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Great little book!

Memories for Life said...

That posie tops it off so nicely :)

Cindy Leaders said...

That adds such a nice vintage element! Nice!

Emerson Bindery said...

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...