Monday, May 19, 2008

New inventory--and my history on Etsy

I've expanded my shop and added some polymer clay pendants for sale. I originally thought I was going to have a jewelry shop on Etsy. However, after listing three items--a pendant, a journal, and a polymer clay pot--and having only the journal sell, I took a different direction. There is a lot of competition in the jewelry market! So many beautiful designs!

Instead, I incorporated my "jewels" as I call them, onto the covers of some of my journals. The pendants have been sitting around for two years. Every once in a while I'll wear one and I always get compliments. So I thought I'd give it another whirl and see what happens.

Here's a sneak peek at one not yet listed!

When I first started on Etsy, I did absolutely no marketing whatsoever. I listed my items and had one sell within 24 hours, so I erroneously concluded that is all one has to do, kind of like Ebay. List and sit back...the buyers just come to you! My pot and pendant sat there for 4 months and I kind of gave up all hope of them ever selling. When my listings approached their expiration, I decided to try something different and started making more journals.
Some of my first listings on Etsy!

I want to continue making journals, since that is my passion for the time being, but I like to keep things fresh. Popping something new and unexpected into my shop is a good way to stay relevant, and surprise people at the same time! Tee hee! I'm having fun, can you tell?

2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm so glad you're having so much fun with your artwork right now! It feels so good to switch things up a bit! By the way, I love your new pendants AND the caribean blue journal :) Yum, yum!

Tamara said...

I was just flipping through other profiles listed as Artist, and found yours. I really like your journals, they make me want to draw! The pendant is just lovely. I am enchanted. I hope they sell for you. I know what you mean about competion. It is tough. Good luck, not that you need it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...