Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Relief, at last!

I went to the doctor today and had my suspicions of bronchitis confirmed. He prescribed some medications and I feel better already.

Since I finally feel back to my usual self, I got to work on exploring new binding techniques. I learned the chain stitch, crossed snowshoe stitch, and spine braid today (I've been busy!). I'll have to photograph them tomorrow to post. My next challenge is to determine how to incorporate these new techniques into my work.

I'm going out tomorrow morning with an artsy friend to photograph cemeteries and whatever else we find. I love the mossy, aged headstones and statuary.

I broke down and ordered the Japanese Screw Punch I was talking about in an earlier posting. I can hardly wait for it to arrive. I practically run to the mailbox every day to see if it's here yet. I could have used it today with my new bindings.

I planted installment one of my vegetable garden this afternoon. I hope it does well. I'm looking forward to beans, cukes, etc. I have an extensive flower garden, and used to have a well stocked herb garden where I used to live, but never had a lot of success growing vegetables. Maybe my luck will change.

2 comments:

Rachel Ball said...

glad you're feeling better... it's no fun being sick!

Julia said...

Oh, sweetie! I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! That's awful you had bronchitis, thank god for modern medicine!

I'm anxious to see the new stitching you've learned!

Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...