Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here it is, the big V-day and the end of another week! I hope everyone had a great day with friends, family, or that special person.My day started out with my hubby sneaking off to Lowe's for some "stuff" and returned with a potted rosebush and two boxes of Girl Scout cookies for me! (Along with some drywall tape, a deadbolt lock, and other "stuff".)

My day was spent in the studio working on some new journals, catching up on emails, doing laundry and enjoying my well-again toddler. He's been sick the last few days whimpering miserably and bursting into tears over the littlest things. I've never been so glad to hear him happily chattering away!

We went out to dinner tonight to celebrate Valentine's Day, along with everyone else in the city. It was a madhouse out there! We intended to go to Olive Garden but it was a 2 1/2 hour wait, so we went to a steakhouse instead. We only had to wait an hour there!

I wonder how much of our lives are spent waiting...waiting in line, waiting for a table, waiting for the doctor, waiting for a call or someone to show up... The latter applies to my mother, she is late everywhere she goes. She runs on her own time, oblivious to the world's schedule. I just accept it as a part of who she is and tell her to be somewhere an hour before we're really supposed to be there. :>

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good day and didn't have to wait long for their dinner!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had the kind of valentines day that I would like! But, we didn't wait for dinner - We bought steaks and cooked them on the grill at home.

I am glad that your little one is feeling better! It is amazing how the sickness invades their bodies - and their personalities!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...