Monday, November 1, 2010

Bricks Straight From the History Books

Arched Bridge in Williamsburg
We went to Colonial Williamsburg this weekend. It was a beautiful day, wonderfully sunny, but a touch cool for my liking. However, at least we weren't sweating to death as it would have been just a short month ago!

Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg

Headstone at the church
Little feet walk along historic sidewalks
The end of the day, walking the path home (or, to the parking lot!)
I didn't have time to walk around with my art journal sketching the sights, so my camera had to make do. Maybe I'll work on a journal page about bricks...or maybe you might be inspired by these ancient bricks to do a journal page!

1 comment:

Splendid Little Stars said...

Oh I love Colonial Williamsburg! I visited a number of times over the years of growing up. The last time I went was with my family in the middle of HOT, HOT Summer! It was still fun, not crowded and some of the buildings had air conditioning.
Do show us more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...