Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Housework vs Sofa Forts

I have been consciously doing a little less in my studio over the last couple of weeks and devoting more time to catching up with the house. Fun stuff like cleaning, laundry, and sorting though cabinets. But it's a good feeling to believe I'm on top of things!

That is, until my son and hubby decide to build a fort in the living room with the sofa cushions!


You're looking at the dog's back end as he invades the fort. He likes to be in the middle of things, literally.


Here's one more thing I've been working on...the framed butterfly picture. I got this lovely print from a little framing shop for $7, and the frame from Hobby Lobby on clearance for $6. It was a custom frame that must have been cut to the wrong size. Anyhow, I cut a mat for the print and it fits perfectly in the frame!

Getting the glass cut was another story. I went to AC Moore and they wanted $32--ridiculous! I don't need conservation glass for a $7 print. I ended up going to a local glass shop and got exactly what I wanted for $8. So the whole thing cost me $21. Am I frugal or what? :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...